Ubisoft Massive’s latest update for Tom Clancy’s The Division is now available for all platforms. Update 1.8.1 brings some much needed quality of life changes, some new Global Events, new Commendations and so much more.
First off, the new Global Events are Blackout and Onslaught. These are brand new events with the former granting Shock Ammo to stun enemies with. Running or shooting will build the charge meter, leading to more damage. The latter grants different damage statuses along with regular damage; reload your clip to change the accompanying effect. It hasn’t been confirmed when these events will go live.
Meanwhile, Classified Gear drop rates have been increased with Legendary Missions now having a 20 percent chance of granting them. The Special Vendor also has a Classified Gear cache which guarantees one piece. Optimization Station junkies will also be happy to hear that Div Tech drops from Daily Combat, Crafting, Survival and Dark Zone quests have been increased to 25 each. Season Pass Supply Drops will also provide 100 Division Tech.
Check out more details on Commendations, new Legendary missions and more below. For more information on update 1.8.1, check out the full patch notes here.
Global Event 5 – Blackout
- Blackout – Always active: Agents are equipped with Shock Ammo that stuns enemies. Shooting or running builds your Charge meter – the more Charge, the more damage you inflict.
- Extreme Blackout – Blackout behavior, plus you can instantly kill enemies with Overcharged melee attacks, but if you miss you will stun yourself and your allies.
- Total Blackout – Extreme Blackout behavior, plus your Charge meter will cool down faster when close to other group members.
Global Event 6 – Onslaught
- Onslaught – Always active; Deal Burn, Bleed, and Gas effects to enemies in addition to normal damage. Reload to change the effect.
- Savage Onslaught – Onslaught behavior, enemies are vulnerable to one effect type and resistant to others. Agents take increased damage from resistant enemies.
- Brutal Onslaught – Savage Onslaught behavior, plus when two or more group members kill a vulnerable enemy within two seconds, each member can reload to gain a damage bonus for a single clip.
Over 40 new Commendations unlockable in the new Global Events.
New Legendary Difficulty Missions
- Amherst’s Apartment.
- Grand Central Station.
Division Tech increases
- Daily Combat, Crafting, Survival and Dark Zone Quests now reward the player with 25 Div Tech each.
- Weekly Open World and Weekly Underground Assignments reward the player with 100 Div Tech each.
- Season Pass Supply Drops now award 100 Division Tech.
Added a Classified Gear cache to the Special Vendor that guarantees 1 Classified Gear piece from the entire pool.
Global Events Vendor
- Removed the basic cache from the vendor.
- Each Global Event will now have individual caches per Classified Gear set for that Global Event. This allows the player to purchase, for example, a Fire Crest cache that guarantees one item from that set.
- Bosses in the Resistance game mode now award 100 Global Event tokens.
Exotic Loot drops
- Removed Premium Vendor Exotics from Open World loot pool and Exotic Caches
- All Exotics added to the Open World Bosses.
Classified Gear Drop Rates
- Classified Drop Rates chances have been increased in all locations.
- Legendary Missions now have a 20% chance to give Classified Gear as a reward at the completion of the mission
- Season Pass Supply Drops now have a 10% chance to drop Classified Gear.
- Survival Caches now has a roughly 10% chance to drop Classified Gear.
Classified Firecrest 6 piece talent now makes the player immune to the fiery explosion caused by the burning targets.